Six Sigma Green Belt Training Course
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- 5-day classroom course (max 14 people)
- 4-6 months to complete the project
- Monthly mentoring meetings during the project
- Final sign off meeting
- Minimum saving of £50,000 per delegate
Six Sigma Green Belt Course Objectives
- Explain the philosophy and origin of Six Sigma
- Describe the relevance of Six Sigma and where it can be applied
- Evaluate the “Voice of the Customer” (VOC)
- Apply the DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) Process
- Apply the DMAIC Process (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control).
- Utilise a wide variety of tools and techniques appropriate for each step in the DMAIC process
- Explain process capability and variability
- Apply SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Identify areas within their business where Six Sigma can be applied.
- Develop an implementation plan specific to their company to save in excess of £50,000
Six Sigma Green Belt Course Content
Day 1 – Define : Defining the problem, Project Charter raising & all methodologies/tools
Day 2 – Measure : Measuring the problem, how serious is is, obtaining facts not hearsay or “white noise”
Day 3 – Measure & Analyse : Measuring the facts then analysing these facts to get to the root cause
Day 4 – Analyse & Improve : Analysing the facts then looking at how to improve, trials or pilots. Remeasuring to see the Sigma change along with cost savings.
Day 5 – Control & Lean : Controlling the improvements so they don’t slip back to the “old way” & understanding how to implement improvments for long-term beneftis.
Six Sigma Green Belt
- What is Six Sigma?
- Where can it be used?
- How does it link to Lean?
- Can anybody have the training?
- What benefits will it bring?
- DMAIC – principles & methodology (interactive exercises in all phases)
- House of Continuous Improvement
- Operational definition (interactive exercise)
- Gauge R & R (interactive exercise)
- Process Maps (interactive exercise)
- Data collection (how, where, when & why)
- “Waste” video (interactive exercise)
- Project identification
- What is Lean?
- Who uses it?
- How can it benefit the company?
- Why do we need it?
- Lean chaos experiment!
Tools Used For Lean
- 7 wastes, what are they & have we got them in our business?
- VA & NVA : What is it?
- 6S & 6S interactive exercise
- Visual factory : what is it?
- Kanban system.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Tools Used For Six Sigma
- Project Charter – What is the defect & scope of the project
- Bell curve
- Cause & Effect matrix
- Cause & effect diagram
- Sigma values (DPMO)
- Process maps
- Benefits matrix
Six Sigma Green Belt Training Courses
The training will involve 5 days of classroom theory inclusive of practical experiments. This is then followed by an on the job project, which involves using all the tools correctly and making a cost saving or increase in productivity that would enhance the company profit by a minimum of £50,000.
In the 4-6 months allowed for the project the trainer would expect to meet with the delegates each 3-4 weeks for a mentoring session. During these sessions they will check they are on track with their project (in terms of using the right tools, passing each stage and making savings), ideally this is a face to face session. We can mix some remote sessions with face to face sessions if need be.
The at the end of the 4-6 months they need to meet again to validate that they have used the correct “tools”, made the right savings and be certified as Six Sigma Green Belts.
For further information regarding our six sigma green belt training courses, or to enquire about booking green belt training for your company, please call us today on +44 (0) 1704 889325 or alternatively, complete our online contact form below and we will be in touch to discuss your enquiry. We offer a full range of lean six sigma training, in addition to green belt training, we can also provide yellow belt six sigma training and black belt six sigma training. Feel free to speak with one of our sales training professionals if you have questions.