Web Chat Training Course
Our approach to improving service and sales through Web Chat Training
We offer in-house training only – we do not run public courses
At Sales Training International Ltd we feel it is important to tailor our solutions to the client’s needs so rather than just offer you an off the shelf webchat course, this is how we like to approach it.
Firstly we hold a preliminary meeting with the key stakeholders to learn about the business and the roles and responsibilities of the Advisors. We also identify the objectives of the training – whether it is increased sales, service or NPS scores.
The next step is the assessment of a sample of 25- 30 webchats, which include chats from a cross section of Advisors including top, average and poor performers. This step can be done remotely as it purely focuses on the webchats.
After a detailed assessment of the chats, we prepare a preliminary report assessing the strengths, weakness and potential improvements that could be made. This report compares actual performance against key measures of success that have been proven to influence NPS and sales.
We offer short, focused, strategic, high-value interventionst
We also review other factors that influence the performance of Advisors such as the role of Team Leaders, Performance Management and Chat Assessment and highlight areas that need to be reviewed. This ensures that the Advisors are supported post training in order to achieve maximum return on investment for the client.
After meeting with the client to discuss the assessment, we move on the design phase. First of all we identify how the chats should be structured. We work with the client to create a Customer Experience Model that sets out what a great chat should look like. Once this has been agreed, we then go on to create a bespoke training programme that includes training for Advisors, Team Leaders, Quality Assurance, and other key stakeholders such as Training. This enables them to support the Advisors post training and ensures that results continued to accrue.
The training includes techniques drawn from the latest research in social psychology, behavioural science and transactional analysis. It is simple yet powerful and the feedback from Advisors and Team Leaders is resoundingly upbeat and positive.
To supplement the training we do not give the Advisors folders of notes they will not read – we give them a set of Smart Cards. They are usually A5 sized, printed on card and designed to be a quick reference guide to the techniques they have learned. They can also be used as basis for coaching and feedback by the Team Leader. A Chat Assessment Tool is developed at this point so that chats can be assessed objectively by Team Leaders and Quality Assurance against the Customer Experience Model.
If you’re looking for an experienced team of web chat trainers in the UK, or even international web chat training for your company, we are here for you. Our trusted team can work with you to develop a truly effective and rewarding web chat training course to suit your needs. At Sales Training International, we can provide face to face web chat training or online training as required.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Linking To Internal Processes
The Advisor training is usually delivered after the Team Leader training and is followed up with live coaching and feedback in the workplace. This works extremely well with webchat as it is possible to see the chats on the Advisor’s screen and give immediate feedback. This stage creates a real buzz and the Advisors enjoy applying the tools and techniques they have learned.
This coaching and feedback stage is key to ensuring that the training transfers immediately to the workplace. We also engage the Team leaders in this process, so that that can continue to drive performance moving forward.
Our approach has yielded many positive results for clients – immediate increases in sales and NPS as well is top industry awards for customer service. Many of our customers keep on coming back year after year.
Web Chat Course Aim
To enable delegates to use web chat to deliver a great customer experience and sell services and products effectively using the latest techniques drawn from behavioral science and social psychology.
By the end of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Explain importance of the Customer Experience Model as a structure for web chats.
- Structure an effective web chat using a combination of predefined and personalised responses.
- List the 6 basic drivers that make customers buy via web chat.
- Demonstrate how to build rapport quickly – building a “human” relationship with a wide variety of customers, using psychological “short cuts” when using web chat.
- Demonstrate effective questioning and interpretation skills.
- Increase customer satisfaction score (via NPS or other measures) using web chat.
- Present products in a way most likely to result in a sale via web chat.
- Explain the key principles behind each of the Smart Cards.
- Describe how the principles can be applied in their chats.
- Demonstrate effective use of the skills described in the Smart Cards.
- End a web chat positively.
- Web Chat structure.
- Managing various web chats.
- The 6 basic drivers that make us buy – scarcity, reciprocity, consistency, authority, liking and social proof.
- The critical 7 seconds – what you must do at the start of the web chat.
- Short cuts to building rapport via web chat.
- Words and phrases that kill the sale via web chat.
- Using questions to develop a web chat.
- Building the customer experience using web chat.
- Increasing customer satisfaction levels via web chat.
- Matching solutions to needs.
- When to present the product / solution and what to present.
- Objection handling.
- How to hand over to a different channel.
- Ending the web chat.