Six Sigma Training
We offer in-house training only – we do not run public courses
This course equips delegates with a working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and techniques and the critical thinking skills required to apply them.
The duration of the Green Belt course is 10 days; the programme ultimately allows Green Belt candidates to increase process and system knowledge through the correct application of problem solving and statistical methods. The programme enhances critical thinking and technical expertise.
The training makes extensive use of hands-on exercises; company specific projects and data sets ensure this to be of the greatest benefit. The two-week training programme is structured to follow the five main phases of Six Sigma DMAIC – Define, Measurement, Analyse, Improve and Control.
We offer short, focused, strategic, high-value interventions
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain Six Sigma methodology – DMAIC
- Apply statistical methods to specific company projects in a disciplined approach in order to capture business opportunities and improve performance
- Develop critical thinking skills to allow them to work at the highest level of efficiency in the future
Course content includes:
Six Sigma Introduction
Why six Sigma?
Six Sigma project definition
Six Sigma deployment
Input prioritization tools
Failure mode effect analysis
Minitab 14.1 introduction
Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
Statistical process control
Process control plan
Project plan using MS Project and deliverable
There is now a gap of one month , during which time delegates start working on an in-house project, using the tools learned so far.
- Previous course review in class project
- Design of experiments (DOE)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools
- Voice of the customer (VOC)
- Critical to quality (CTQs, CTBs, CTXs)
- Advanced graphical analysis
- Multi-variate planning
- Variation trees and funnelling
- Hypothesis testing
- Central limit theorem
- Statistical analysis roadmap
- Test for mean with t-test
- One way ANOVA
- Non-manufacturing applications
- Correlation and regression
- Multi-variate analysis (MANOVA)
- Developing control plans
- Control charts
- Impact of process instability on capability process
- Confidence intervals ( vs Hypothesis tests)
- Implications of the central limit theorem
- General linear models
- DOE ( focus on two-level factorials, screening designs)
- Piloting improvements
- Mistake proofing
- More statistical process control
Six Sigma & Lean Training Courses
With our effective lean and six sigma training courses, you will no doubt find yourself with higher qualified and trained employees, as all receive an international qualification backed by CPD and improved employee engagement, as staff are given the opportunity to use their ideas to make improvements.
The return on investment when providing your employees with lean and six sigma training is nothing short of predominant as new experience and knowledge will allow your team to implement successful, learned lean and six sigma methodology.
The above course outline will give you a good idea of the content of our available six sigma training courses, at various levels of certification, and of course, how this content can and will benefit your team.
For further information regarding our lean and six sigma training courses, please call us today on 0845 8901 701 or alternatively, complete our online contact form below and we will be in touch to discuss your enquiry.