Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Course
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
- 1-day classroom course (max 14 people)
- 6 – 8 weeks to complete the project
- Weekly mentoring meetings during the project
- Final sign off meeting
- Minimum saving of £10,000 per delegate
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course Objectives
- Explain the philosophy and origin of Six Sigma
- Describe the relevance of Six Sigma and where it can be applied
- Evaluate the “Voice of the Customer” (VOC)
- Apply the DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) Process
- Apply the DMAIC Process (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control)
- Utilise a wide variety of tools and techniques appropriate for each step in the DMAIC process
- Explain process capability and variability
- Apply SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Identify areas within their business where Six Sigma can be applied
- Develop an implementation plan specific to their company to save in excess of £10,000
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course Content
- What is Six Sigma?
- Where can it be used?
- How does it link to Lean?
- Can anybody have the training?
- What benefits will it bring?
- House of Continuous Improvement
- Operational definition (interactive exercise)
- Process Maps
- “Waste” video exercise
- Project identification
- What is Lean?
- Who uses it?
- How can it benefit the company?
- Why do we need it?
- Lean chaos experiment!
Tools Used For Lean
- 7 wastes, what are they & have we got them in our business?
- VA & NVA : What is it?
- 6S & 6S interactive exercise
- Visual factory : what is it?
- Kanban system.
Tools Used For Six Sigma
- Bell curve
- Cause & effect diagram
- Process maps
- Benefits matrix
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Courses
At the end of Lean & Six Sigma Yellow Belt training you will have a far greater knowledge of how the 2 methodologies can improve & enhance the business.
The training will involve 1 days of classroom theory inclusive of practical experiments. This is then followed by an on the job project, which involves using all the tools correctly and making a cost saving or increase in productivity that would enhance the company profit by a minimum of £10,000.
In the 6 – 8 weeks allowed for the project the trainer would expect to meet with the delegates each week for a mentoring session. During these sessions they will check they are on track with their project (in terms of using the right tools, passing each stage and making savings), ideally this is a face to face session. We can mix some remote sessions with face to face sessions if need be.
The at the end of the 6 – 8 weeks they need to meet again to validate that they have used the correct “tools”, made the right savings and be certified as Six Sigma Yellow Belts.
For further information regarding our six sigma yellow belt training courses, or to enquire about booking yellow belt training for your company, please call us today on 0845 8901 701 or alternatively, complete our online contact form below and we will be in touch to discuss your enquiry.