We will be giving action points to sharpen your image; reduce nerves; allow you to appear both confident and competent and increase your credibility in the eyes of colleagues and clients.
This manual can be read and used as a book, a self-learning tool, or a reference guide. It can be used by individuals to increase their skills and knowledge, trainers to help produce training sessions or by managers for meetings and staff training. It is a mixture of information, practical exercises, self analysis questionnaires and case studies.
Below is a summary of this 96 page training manual.
Three Weeks to Go – Plenty of Time, But Time to Make a Start
- What Message Do I Want to Deliver?
Brainstorming and Mind Mapping
- Who is My Audience?
Understanding Your Audience and Their Needs
- What Do They Already Know?
- How Large is the Audience?
- Where Will the Presentation Take Place?
- How Long Will It Last?
- How Do I Start?
- What Result Do I Want?
- Learning Styles
Gather Your Materials Together
- Research and Information
What Do You Want to Say?
- Structure and Content
A Framework for Writing an Effective Outline
Deciding What to Use
- Look For a Story
- The Elements of a Good Story
– More on Structure
-Should I Use a Script?
- Alternatives to Using Card Prompts
- Keep it Short and Simple
Look For Ways of Adding Variety
- How What You Say Interacts With Your Visual Aids
- How to Achieve a Seamless Presentation with Your Visual Aids
- Why Use Visual Aids?
One Week to Go – Time to Rehearse and Gain Feedback
- How Do I Rehearse?
- The Dress Rehearsal
On The Day – Making Sure it All Goes to Plan
- Avoid Last Minute Emergencies
- What Do I Do If a Visual Aid Goes Wrong?
Thirty Minutes Before
- Prepare Your Voice
Making the Presentation – Keeping on an Even Keel and Handling the Hiccups
- The First Few Minutes
- How Do I Keep The Presentation Smooth?
- How Do I Deal With Interruptions?
- Dynamic Delivery
- Watch Your Language!
- Avoid Abstract Nouns
- Treat the Audience as One Person
- How Do I Come to a Strong Finish?
Making a Presentation in a Hurry
13 Checklists for a Perfect Presentation
Rapid Reference Presentation Planner
Presentation Tips and Techniques
Presentation Problem Buster