In today’s customer-oriented business environment, “people skills” are critical for personal and organisational success. How you handle your customers can directly affect your individual goals as well as your team’s and company’s performance.
Here you will be given the knowledge and skills you need to communicate professionalism, gain respect, enhance customer relationships and secure an overall competitive advantage.
This manual can be read and used as a book, a self-learning tool, or a reference guide. It can be used by individuals to increase their skills and knowledge, trainers to help produce training sessions or by managers for meetings and staff training. It is a mixture of information, practical exercises, self analysis questionnaires and case studies.
Below is a summary of this 146 page training manual.
The Benefits of Excellent Service
- This highlights the benefits to you, your customers and your company
What is Customer Care?
- An insight into what customer care looks like
Customer Care – Expectations and Reality
- This section allows you to detail your own customers’ expectations and assess how you and your company perform against these expectations
Qualities and Skills – Examples
- Essential skills for a good customer service provider
- – Multitude of Customer’s Needs
- – The Six Basic Needs
- – Friends or Customers?
Human – Business Interaction
- The need to balance these two levels of interaction with a customer and why
Internal and External Customers
- All organisations have both. What are the differences?
14 Tests to Achieve Excellence
- This section details in depth fourteen key tests of customer service, which must all be passed to truly deliver customer service excellence
Why Do We Lose Customers?
- Details of where we lose customers and the reasons why and how we can halt these trends
Understanding Customer Behaviour
- Here you will be able to examine different customer behaviour and examine your own behaviour. With this knowledge you will then ascertain how you will need to adapt your own style to suit that of your customers
Effective Communication Skills
- Here you will look at key communication skills essential to provide effective customer service
- – The Communication Cycle
- – Listening Skills
- – Barriers to Effective Listening
- – Active Listening Skills
- – What Words Work
- – Types of Questions
- – Asking Questions
Dealing with Difficult Customers
- Different Customer Types
- Customer Behavioural Types
- Dealing with the Different Styles
Complaints and You
- What Can Satisfied and Dissatisfied Customers Do For You?
- Dealing with People who Complain