What is business coaching?
Business coaching is a process used to take a business or individual within the business, from where they are now to where they want to be. The coach will work with them to help clarify goals and then produce a strategic plan to achieve those goals. Business coaching does not replace the need for training or consultancy, it often runs alongside them. Business Coaching is a bespoke one to one programme aimed specifically at accelerating the success of the individual (and business) engaging in the process.
Why do we need coaching?
According to the American Management Association, organizations that use coaching reported stronger market performance. A global survey of coaching clients by Price Waterhouse Coopers and the Association Resource Centre concluded that the mean ROI for companies investing in coaching was seven times that of the initial investment. A quarter of the companies in the survey reported an ROI of 10 to 49 times investment.
In addition, a report by the International Coaching Federation found that the relative effectiveness of business coaching can be assessed by certain external and internal measures. External measures include coaching goals established at the start of the coaching relationship such as increased company revenue, obtaining a promotion and/or improving performance feedback. Internal measures may include self-scoring assessments; behavioural changes resulting from better self-awareness, self-control, awareness and leadership of others.
See why Eric Schmidt CEO of Google, believes all businesses should have a business coach.
We offer short, focused, strategic, high-value interventions
We aim to bring out the confidence and competence of those we coach through:
- Understanding the organisation’s goals for its managers
- Creating a clear picture of where an individual wants and needs to be in line with organisational goals
- Identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and motivations – getting to the desired destination
- Developing strategies for achieving success
Coaching is forward-looking, and goal focused. Coaching sessions would be based around the GROW model
Goals – what are the Coachees Career Goals (short, medium and long-term)
Reality – What is the Coachees current situation and what do they need to be doing now to put themselves in the best place to move forward?
Options – what are the options the Coachees has to progress in their career/goals – what decisions need to be made and how to make the most of the options available?
Way Forward – what specific actions will be taken as a result of this coaching session, who needs to be engaged internally to help support actions, how and when will actions be evaluated?
We use formal plans at the Way Forward stage which will define clear actions that will then be taken, we then review these at the following Coaching session.
Coaching can be face to face or via a remote session – such as Skype.
Sessions usually last from 60-90 minutes
Linking To Internal Processes
We always aim to link our coaching to your internal processes, such as performance management, staff profiling, company values and strategy etc. We find by doing this, it creates a more focussed, bespoke program.
Benefits Of Coaching
• Creates a positive environment where managers can take time out to reflect on current performance and future goals
• It is 100% focused on their needs
• It highlights key areas of development so that personal and professional objectives are aligned
• It guides the formulation of performance improvement strategies that ‘allow’ managers to development skills, attitudes and behaviours in a learning environment
• Challenges existing ‘poor’ practises and limiting beliefs that may be detrimental to an individual’s progression
• Ensures specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time bound goals are created and actioned that allow continuous improvement to take place far beyond the duration of the coaching programme
• It can help you get from “good” to “great” and achieve more in less time
Our main is to provide support where managers can fulfil their potential through increased confidence in themselves, and a clearer understanding of what they can do to add value to the business whilst achieving their own aspirations.