What is business coaching?
We offer in-house training only – we do not run public courses
There’s been many studies done over the years that proven there is a direct correlation between coaching and stronger market performance for your business. The American Management Association is just one organisation to prove this. From a global survey, it was proven that the average return on investment is seven times the figure that you would initially invest into coaching, which shows it really is a no-brainer to invest into your business in order to reap the benefits from the market. Some clients that had taken part in the survey indicated a much higher ROI from 10 to 49 times the initial investment. A report that was published by the International Coach Federation discovered that the overall effectiveness of high-level coaching can ultimately be best assessed by internal measures, as well as external measures. Some of these external measures can consist of coaching goals that are established at the very start of the relationship which may include revenue increases and many other monetary goals. On the other hand, internal measures can also come in a variety of forms such as improved self-awareness, an employer’s emotional or behavioural change that has resulted in a successful job or even increased awareness and empathy for others on the team.
See why Eric Schmidt CEO of Google, believes all businesses should have a business coach.
We offer short, focused, strategic, high-value interventions
At Sales Training International, we aim to bring out the confidence and competence of those we coach through:
- Understanding the organisation’s goals and / or your own personal coaching goals
- Creating a clear picture of where an individual wants and needs to be in line with those goals
- Identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and motivations – getting to the desired destination
- Developing strategies for achieving success
Coaching is forward-looking and goal-focused. Coaching sessions would be based around the GROW model.
Goals – What are the Coachees Career Goals (short, medium and long-term)
Reality – What is the Coachees current situation and what do they need to be doing now to put themselves in the best place to move forward?
Options – What are the options the Coachees have to progress in their career/goals – what decisions need to be made and how to make the most of the options available?
Way Forward – What specific actions will be taken as a result of this coaching session, who needs to be engaged internally to help support actions, how and when will actions be evaluated?
We use formal plans at the Way Forward stage which will define clear actions that will be taken, we then review these at the following Coaching session before moving forward.
Coaching can be face to face or via a remote session – such as Skype.
Sessions usually last from 60-90 minutes
Linking To Internal Processes
We always aim to link our coaching to your internal processes, such as performance management, staff profiling, company values and strategy etc. We find by doing this, it creates a more focussed, bespoke program.
Benefits Of Coaching
- Creates a positive environment where you can take time out to reflect on current performance and future goals.
- Coaching is 100% focused on your needs.
- It highlights key areas of development so that personal and professional objectives are aligned.
- It guides the formulation of performance improvement strategies that ‘allow’ leaders to develop skills, attitudes and behaviours in a learning environment.
- Challenges existing ‘poor’ practises and limiting beliefs that may be detrimental to an individual’s progression.
- Ensures specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time bound goals are created and actioned that allow continuous improvement to take place far beyond the duration of the coaching programme.
- It can help you get from “good” to “great” and achieve more in less time.
Our main aim is to provide support where you can fulfil your potential through increased confidence and a clearer understanding of what you can do to add value to the business whilst achieving your own aspirations.
How We Deliver It
- Each coaching session can be 60 or 90 minutes. You can have them weekly, biweekly or monthly.
- When you begin your coaching journey, we suggest you buy a block of 9 hours. The reason we suggest this, is our experience shows it takes between 6-9 sessions to yield measurable results.
- After this we sell them in blocks of 3 hours.
- The most common way of delivering the coaching session is remotely, via a service such as Skype, Zoom etc.
- Occasionally if a client has more than 6 people who require coaching and they are happy to have their sessions on the same day, we can offer a face to face option.
- We charge between £150 – £275 per session depending on the coach and the level of coaching.
We have 10 great coaches from a selection of backgrounds, including:
- Head of Learning and Development of an international bank
- Managing Director of an international consultancy company.
- Head of crisis management for the World Health Organisation
- Manager of Heathrow Airport
- Head of Lean Six Sigma at Ford Motor Company
- Chief Constable Ministry of Defence Police
- International head of sales for IBM
- Head of Finance for National Health
- MBA lead at London Business School
- Deloitte qualified Chartered Accountant
- Head of marketing
All of our coaches hold professional coaching qualifications as well as complementary qualification in subjects such as NLP, Psychology, Emotional Intelligence, Profiling etc.