Business and Personal Skills
We offer in-house training only – we do not run public courses
Click on a course title Below you can see a list of subject areas that we cover, click each title to the full list and obtain course outlines:
Business and Personal Skills Training Courses
This course is designed to enable participants to understand how to manage projects with a controlled and structured approach. The course provides an overview of project management and how to use project management tools and techniques. This course provides the foundation for all project management roles.
To build individual confidence and competence in project management and working with teams to achieve results.
By the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Assess their own project management skills
- Plan how the will develop and improve their project management skills and knowledge
- Describe the principles, skills, and techniques required for effective project management
- Define the stages of a project
- Explain how project managers use structured processes to deliver success
- Describe the roles which can be needed within a project
- Detail how adopting a phased approach helps manage expectations
- Identify stakeholder interests and plan to manage stakeholders
- Plan effective communication in the project
- Explain how to start up a project
- Develop a simple project plan
- Use basic project planning techniques
- Identify risk factors and plan how to manage risk
- Detail the vital importance of managing change to prevent “scope creep”
- Describe how to build quality into the overall project process
- Monitor and control progress and avoid wasted effort
- Use the end of a project and post-project reviews to ensure that a successful project is turned into a successful operational activity.
- Show how effective project management can deliver a return on investment
- Explain how to finish and close the project
The workshop combines input and advice from the tutor together with extensive open discussion. Ideas and techniques are used in exercises and applied to real project situations during individual and group work and feedback sessions.Delegates will be encouraged to share approaches and proven new ideas with colleagues.
Before the workshop, they will complete a questionnaire to help them assess their current capability level in managing projects and at the end of the workshop, they will take a test to assess how they have enhanced that capability.